Create New Account
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017
- The patron of romantic love, St. Valentine, wore an amethyst ring carved with the image of Cupid.
- Amethyst’s purple hues make it the most valued quartz variety today.
- Amethyst is the gemstone for the 6th and 17th wedding anniversaries.
- It was believed that Amethyst helped its wearer stay clear-headed and quick-witted in battle and in business affairs.
- According to Roman mythology, a maiden named Amethyst was about to be devoured by tigers and goddess Diana saved her by turning her into stone. Then the god Bacchus poured wine over the stone body, staining it purple.
Oct 4, 2017137
Oct 4, 2017190
Oct 4, 2017150
Aug 29, 2017169
Jul 6, 2017523