- Tanzanite Pear-Shaped Earrings with .41 ct. tw. Diamond Accents in 14K White Gold - EW11618TZSpecial Price $2,499.00 Regular Price $3,570.00
- 1/5 ct. tw. Tanzanite Trillion Cut with Halo Diamond Post Earrings in 10K White Gold - GJ9202E-BJ475WTA@Special Price $499.00 Regular Price $857.00
- Tanzanite and Diamond Earrings in White Gold - DXWHE3542DTA - 05217296Special Price $299.00 Regular Price $542.00
- Tanzanite, Mocha and White Diamond Earrings in 10K Pink Gold - CJ006E-R-RSpecial Price $599.00 Regular Price $1,000.00
- Tanzanite and White Topaz Earrings in Sterling Silver - E10535TZWTSSSpecial Price $169.40 Regular Price $242.00
- Special Price $89.60 Regular Price $128.00
- Ladies Tanzanite and Diamond Earrings in 10 Kt. White Gold - E10467TAN-W TANZSpecial Price $149.80 Regular Price $214.00
One of the most recent gemstones to be discovered, tanzanite has rapidly grown into one of the world’s most prized gems. Discovered in the East African nation of Tanzania in 1962, this transparent blue gem was quickly recognized by Tiffany & Co. for its potential as an international best seller, thus, the company made a deal to become its main distributor. In 1968, they launched a big publicity campaign, making tanzanite an overnight success.
Tanzanite has always had large fluctuations in gem supply and price levels, due mostly to Tanzania’s volatile political, social, and economic conditions. Because Tanzania remains the gem’s only source, the outlook for long-term availability is also doubtful. Tanzanite is a special-care gem for two reasons: sensitivity to thermal shock, and the potential for fracturing. This means that jewelry set with tanzanite should be the last piece on and the first piece off. Following this simple rule, along with proper cleaning and storing will keep your tanzanite pieces looking beautiful for years to come.
December Birthstone - 24th Wedding Anniversary
|Ultrasonic: Never; warm soapy water only||Major sources: Tanzania|
|Phenomena: Pleochroism||Hardness: 6-7|
|Heat: Will cause fracturing||Steamer: Never|
|Stability: Avoid rapid temperature change||Toughness: Fair to poor|
|Enhancements: Heat treatment for color|