Riddle’s Premium Replacement Plan – Exclusive theft coverage for your fine jewelry purchase
The Riddle’s Premium Replacement Plan is designed to cover your fine jewelry item in the event of theft by offering replacement of the stolen item with the same, like, or similar product for a period of 3 years from date of purchase. This Plan is NOT a contract of insurance.
- "Merchandise" shall mean the merchandise identified on the original sales slip as covered by the Premium Replacement Plan.
- "Plan" means this Premium Replacement Plan.
- "Plan Price" is the purchase price paid for the Plan as shown on the original sales slip.
- "WE", "US" and "OUR" means Riddle’s Group INC., d/b/a Riddle’s Jewelry, 2707 Mt. Rushmore Road, Rapid City, South
Dakota 57701, via phone 1-605-343-2226 X169. Riddle’s Group INC is the party obligated to provide services to you under the
- "YOU" or "YOUR" means the original customer who purchased the Merchandise or original receiver of the Merchandise, in the case of a gift, covered by the Plan.
WHAT IS COVERED: This is NOT a repair plan. In consideration of YOUR payment of the Plan Price, We will furnish replacement merchandise that is new with equal or similar features and functionality. The merchandise may not necessarily be the same brand as the item it is replacing -OR- WE will issue a Gift Card equal to the original covered product purchase price as indicated on your sales receipt, including a sales tax allowance. Once We have issued either replacement merchandise or a Gift Card for the covered product, we will have fulfilled ALL obligations owed under the Plan and coverage will end.
The Plan coverage includes, but is not limited to, the following, subject to the other terms and conditions of the Plan and at OUR sole discretion:
- Your merchandise will be replaced if it is stolen and you provide US with:
- A validated police report and
- Your original merchandise sales slip along with Plan proof of purchase and
- An up-to-date warranty inspection record
- Riddle’s Jewelry, at its sole discretion, will replace your covered item of jewelry with one or more items of merchandise not to exceed the original purchase price of the item stolen or a Gift Card in the amount of the purchase price plus local sales tax paid.
- If you desire to upgrade your replacement, the purchase price of the upgraded replacement item, in excess of the original purchase price, of the stolen merchandise is the responsibility of the purchaser.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED:
This is a replacement plan and NOT a repair plan. Nothing herein shall obligate US to repair or replace materials resulting from excessive or abusive treatment of the Merchandise, or Act of God, or defects resulting from tampering with or modifying the merchandise. Furthermore, watches and jewelry that ordinarily may be repaired are NOT covered under this plan.
If YOU purchase the Plan after YOU purchase the Merchandise, the Plan does not cover pre-existing conditions in the Merchandise that occurred after YOU purchased the Merchandise and prior to the effective date of the Plan. Coverage as defined by the Plan begins on the original date of purchase of the merchandise. Riddle’s Premium Replacement Plan may ONLY be purchased within 20 days of the original purchase date of the merchandise.
The Plan does not replace, but rather supplements, other warranties/guarantees that are applicable to the merchandise. Any and all required maintenance required to keep merchandise in a usable and wearable condition, as outlined in said warranties/guarantees must be observed. Damage resulting from failure to comply with recommended services and/or maintenance under such warranties/guarantees is NOT covered by this Plan. Insignificant cosmetic damage is NOT covered under this Plan.
- Mysterious disappearance of the entire piece is NOT covered.
- Theft by a family member or a result of voluntarily turning the piece over to someone else (other than robbery) is NOT covered.
- Loss caused by other than theft, is NOT covered.
- Merchandise stolen outside the United States is NOT covered
LIMIT OF LIABILITY:
OUR total liability under this Plan is the Purchase Price paid for the Merchandise as shown on the sales slip plus local sales tax as shown on sales slip not to exceed a value of $10,000. In the event that the total value of all authorized services WE provide under the Plan exceeds the Purchase Price of the Merchandise (as shown on YOUR sales slip), We shall have satisfied all obligations owed under the Plan. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, NO MATTER WHAT THE CAUSE, INCLUDING DELAY IN RENDERING SERVICE UNDER THIS PLAN, OR LOSS OF USE DURING THE PERIOD THAT THE MERCHANDISE IS BEING PREPARED, AQUIRED OR OTHERWISE AWAITING PARTS.
We require YOUR jewelry to be examined every six months by a representative of Riddle’s Jewelry and to have the examination documented in the Examination Record portion of the warranty/guarantee or Plan document. YOU must and shall perform all maintenance on the Merchandise required by any applicable underlying warranties/guarantees or the Plan to maintain the Merchandise in usable and wearable condition, as provided in said warranties/guarantees or the Plan. Damage resulting from failure to comply with recommended services and/or maintenance under such warranties/guarantees or the Plan will result in coverage not being extended under any warranty/guarantee or this Plan.
YOU must provide the care and maintenance record of the Merchandise as described above. You must maintain possession of YOUR sales slip and Plan document, which will serve as identification of Plan purchase, as well as, merchandise identification for covered item and a validated police report for your claim to be processed.
Coverage provided by the Plan shall commence on the date of Plan purchase as shown on YOUR original sales slip. Time frames for coverage listed in the Plan shall be determined from the original date of merchandise purchase as shown on YOUR original sales slip. The Plan shall be in effect from the date the Plan is purchased as shown on YOUR sales slip and shall continue for the lifetime of the original customer or original receiver of merchandise, in the case of a gift, subject to OUR limit of liability as stated in the Limit of Liability Section above. The Plan is void if the Merchandise is used as a trade-in toward another item.
LENGTH OF COVERAGE (TIME FRAME):
Plan coverage begins on the first (1st) day of purchase and is in effect for a period of 3 years or 1,095 days as indicated on your original sales slip.
Cancellation by YOU. YOU may cancel the Plan for any reason at any time by visiting any of OUR store locations and requesting cancellation.
If YOU request cancellation of the Plan where services were NOT received under the Plan:
- If YOU request cancellation within sixty (60) days of the original purchase date of the Plan (as shown on Your sales slip) and no services have been provided to YOU under the Plan, then the Plan is void and YOU will receive a full refund of the Plan Price.
- If YOU request cancellation after sixty (60) days of the original purchase date of the Plan (as shown on YOUR sales slip) and no services have been provided to YOU under the Plan, then the Plan is void and YOU will receive NO refund of the Plan Price.
Cancellation by US. WE may not cancel the Plan except for non-payment, fraud, work performed by another entity other than US, material misrepresentation by YOU and/or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. Notice of cancellation by US will be sent to YOU at least thirty (30) days prior to cancellation, and will state the effective date and reason for cancellation. If WE cancel the Plan, YOU will receive a refund of the Plan Price Paid less the price of any service(s) received under the Plan.
You are not required to pay any deductible under the Plan.
LIMITATION ON TRANSFER:
This Plan is only for the benefit of the original customer or original receiver of merchandise, in the case of a gift. It is not transferable to anyone else.
FULL FAITH AND CREDIT:
OUR obligations under the Plan are backed by OUR full faith and credit. The Plan is not guaranteed under a service contract reimbursement policy. The Plan is not an insurance policy.
TO OBTAIN SERVICE:
You may take your Plan documents, warranty paperwork, original sales slip and police report to ANY Riddle’s Jewelry retail branch location or contact the Plan Administrator Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. MST – 4 p.m. MST at [1-605-343-2226] for instructions on obtaining replacement of Your covered product. You MUST have your Plan documents, warranty paperwork, original sales slip, and police report handy; along with being prepared to tell US which covered product the claim is being made for.
This document sets forth the entire agreement between parties with respect to the Plan and no representation, promise or condition not contained herein shall modify these terms.